Thursday, July 28, 2005
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
UPDATE: Slipknot's Burger King Beef: Metal band threatens lawsuit over chain's chicken fries campaign @ thesmokinggun.com
Labels: Burger King
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
- Wendy's has added a low-fat, strawberry-flavored yogurt cup with granola to its menu; the 6.85-ounce yogurt with granola is $1.29.
- Hardee's has announced a new addition to line of Biscuit sandwiches, the Grilled Pork Chop Biscuit which features a grilled, basted pork chop on a Hardee's "Made From Scratch Biscuit", and is available for a limited time at participating Hardee's restaurants for $2.69.
- And Krystal has introduced a combo sampler for those who might have trouble making a decision. The new Krystal Sampler Combo features the Krystal Hamburger, the Krystal Chik and the Chili Cheese Pup.
Monday, July 25, 2005
Saturday, July 23, 2005
Here's two good articles on the marketing perspectives of McDonald's and Burger King.
Friday, July 22, 2005
"If you haven't seen it, then I suggest you watch the DVD Super Size Me. It changed the way I live completely by altering my whole perspective on junk food and exercise. Now, I work out five or six days a week with an elliptical trainer. I also have a personal trainer that I work with. I started seeing this herbalist recently too."
Thursday, July 21, 2005
- Burger King will roll out BK Chicken Fries, its answer to McDonald's and Wendy's chicken strips. BK already features chicken in theirTenderCrisp chicken sandwiches and meal-sized salads.
- Wendy's will promote a Monterey Ranch chicken sandwich next month as a limited time offer. Wendy's currently offers Homestyle chicken strips and Chicken Temptations sandwiches and has mentioned the possibility of flavored chicken strips as well as a line of deli-style sandwiches which will have a chicken variety.
- McDonald's is introducing 3 new chicken sandwiches: the Classic, Ranch BLT, and Club. This adds to their existing chicken menu items: Chicken Selects, Chicken McNuggets, and their Premium Salads. (Note: From August 11 to 14, McDonald’s will be handing out Premium Chicken Sandwich menus featuring three coupons (one for each sandwich) in participating restaurants nationwide while supplies last. The coupons offer a free medium drink and medium fry with the purchase of a Premium Chicken Sandwich. McDonald’s national advertising campaign launches August 2.)
- Church's Chicken has announced the launch of its spicy bone-in chicken and chicken tenders which will be available starting July 25th. The 'heat' will be supplied by a mix of jalapeno, cayenne, chili, black and white pepper. Church's introduction of spicy chicken is an attempt to take on former sister company Popeye's in the spicy fried chicken field.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Labels: White Castle
Friday, July 15, 2005
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Jack in the Box is now offering a root beer float made with Barq's Root Beer and "real vanilla ice cream" at its restaurants. It retails for $1.99.
Labels: Jack in the Box
Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Friday, July 01, 2005