- Originated by Glen Bell, Taco Bell became a reality on March 21, 1962. The first franchise was sold in 1964.
- Taco Bell employs more than 143,000 people in company-operated and franchised units and corporate offices in the US.
- Nearly 150 million people see a Taco Bell commercial once a week - more than half the US population.
- Over 2 billion tacos and 1 billion burritos of all varieties are served in Taco Bell restaurants each year.
- In an average year in the US, Taco Bell consumers, company and franchise restaurants, consume:
- 3.8 billion corn and flower tortillas
- 62 million pounds of pinto beans
- 295 million pounds of seasoned ground beef (my note: that's about 600,000 cows)
- 106 million pounds of cheese
Labels: Taco Bell